It’s More than Just a Ride
Maybe you know what it’s like to be lonely or to feel helpless every once in a while. Maybe you want to honor the memory of someone you loved. Or you want that feeling of knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.
Once you sign up, you volunteer your time, on your terms, when you are available—whether that is every Wednesday, once every six months, or somewhere in between.
Volunteers Drive Miles of Impact
Volunteer drivers allow seniors to continue living in their own homes and communities as they age—safely, independently, and with an enhanced quality of life—by providing access to support services and social programs. Allowing older adults to age in place increases their personal dignity and functional independence.
All you need is a car, a desire to help, and a few free hours every once in a while.
Let’s Hit the Road
Easy as 1-2-3 to get started
- Locate the Partner Network closest to you using our interactive map
- Submit to Criminal and DMV Background Check (no cost to you) and receive simple one-on-one training
- Set your own schedule and destinations with our convenient, web-based scheduling system and help as you like (no minimum commitment)
Being a Volunteer is Rewarding
Accumulate miles and miles of positive impact
Can you imagine how it feels to need to go to the doctor for a life-saving treatment but not have a way to get there? Without transportation, simple things such as medical appointments, grocery shopping or a trip to the pharmacy become major life challenges for seniors. Many older adults live with this loss of independence every day.
- Help seniors live independently and maintain their dignity.
- The gift of conversation helps seniors curb loneliness and stay connected.
- In just a few hours, make a huge difference in someone’s life.
“I am a driver for Shepherd’s Center and find the NV Ride database great. If a day opens up for me, I go into the database to see if anyone needs a ride. I travel a lot and this is a wonderful feature.”